McQuillen Creative Group is looking to fill an immediate position for a part-time Managing Editor for Aberdeen Magazine.
• Developing all editorial content (images and stories) for the bi-monthly magazine
• Making contacts with sources
• Writing stories
• Assigning stories to freelancers
• Editing stories from freelancers
• Ensuring freelancers are paid
• Scheduling photography
• Planning out each issue based on page count
Recommended Requirements and Skills
• Outstanding writing and editing abilities
• Incredible organizational skills
• Strong affinity for magazines and their structure
• Proficient at verbal and written communication
• Comfortable talking to prospective subjects
• Highly resourceful
• General knowledge of the Aberdeen landscape
Part-time employment is hourly with no benefits. MCG is open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday to Friday.
McQuillen Creative Group, Inc. was established in 1995. We are the publishers of Aberdeen Magazine which began in 2013. The magazine is sent to a controlled circulation of over 6,000 households in Aberdeen and 300 nationwide. MCG services clients across the country with creative solutions for logos, brochures, advertising, videos, TV commercials, and websites. Our present team consists of two graphic designers, a video producer, two web developers, a creative director and a magazine editor.
To apply, send resume and cover letter to:
Troy McQuillen, email@example.com